Sorry CME is not currently available for this activity.
Improving Patient Outcomes and Reducing Healthcare Costs
Increasingly, healthcare providers are being asked to balance the goals of reducing costs of care with that of maintaining – or improving – patient outcomes. This is especially true when considering management of the lung cancer patient.
This symposium will demonstrate how, by adopting VATS, thoracic surgeons can take a leadership role in driving down care delivery costs while improving patient outcomes.
After Viewing This Program, You Should Be Prepared To:
1. Make the case for VATS surgery from a patient and provider perspective.
2. Provide economic evidence of the benefits of VATS for the institution and healthcare system.
3. Present best practices in creating a VATS program.
4. Give an update on VATS enabling instrumentation.
5. Discuss the importance of surgeon participation in multidisciplinary tumor boards
6. Highlight methods of communicating the benefits of VATS to patients and referrers.